1. Some countries achieve international sporting success by building specialized facilities to train top athletes instead of providing sports facilities that everyone can use. Do you think it is a positive or negative development?
2. Some people think getting old is entirely bad. However, others think that life of the elderly in modern world is much easier than in the past. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
3. Some people think that success in life comes from hard work and determination, while others think that there are more important factors such as money and appearance. Discuss both of these views and give your own opinion.
4. People's shopping habits depend more on the age group they belong to than any other factor. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
5. Some people believe that the country development benefits from the high-educated universities students. However, some people think that the large number of young people in university only leads to high unemployment graduates. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.
6. Some people think that computers and the Internet are more important for a child's education than going to school. But others believe that schools and teachers are essential for children to learn effectively. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
7. The best way for a country to prepare for the future is to invest more resources in young people. How true do you think of it? What is the best way to invest it?
8. Some people think that pollution and damage of environment are resulting from a country’s developing and becoming richer, and this is hard to be avoided. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
9. Some working parents believe that childcare centers can provide the best care for children, while others think family members like grandparents can do it better. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
10. Secondary school children should study international news; some people think it would waste the time of their subject. Discuss both views and your opinion.
11. Sending criminals to prison is not the best method of dealing with them. Education and job training are better ways to help them. Do you agree or disagree?
12. In many cities, planners tend to arrange shops, schools, offices, and homes in specific areas and separate them from each other. Do you think the advantages of this policy outweigh the disadvantages?
13. Some people think that it is better for people to be unemployed than to be employed when they do not enjoy the job，to what extent do you agree or disagree?
14. Some people think young people should be free to choose his or her job but some think young people should be realistic and think about their future. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
15. Many people believe that social networking sites (such as Facebook) have had a negative impact on individuals and society. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement.
16. Some people think there are not many things individuals can do to resolve environmental problems, while the others believe that in order to tackle environmental problems individuals also need to take action. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
17. During the 20th century, contacts between different parts of the world developed quickly, thanks to air travel and telecommunication. To what extent do you think societies benefit from increased contact and closer relationship brought about by international tourism and business?
18. Research shows that overeating can be just as harmful as smoking. Thus the advertising of certain food products should be banned, as cigar is banned in many countries. Agree or disagree?
19. With the increasing demand for energy resources of oil and gas, people should look for sources of oil and gas in remote and untouched places. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages of damaging such places?
20. Detailed description of crimes on newspaper and TV can have bad consequences on society, so this kind of information should be restricted on media. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
21. In some countries, many people have chosen to live by themselves in recent years. What has caused this to happen? Does it have a positive or negative effect on the development of society?
22. With the increasing use of mobile phone and computer, people are losing their ability to communicate face to face. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
23. Shops should not be allowed to sell any food and drinks that been scientifically proved to be bad for people's health. Agree or disagree?
24. In many countries, the quality of life in large cities is becoming worse. What are the causes for this problem? What measures do you think should be taken to tackle this problem?
25. More and more people want to buy famous brands of clothes, cars and other items. What are the reasons? Do you think it is a positive development or negative development?
26. The range and quality of food been improved with the development of technology and scientific advance. Some people think it is good and others think it is harmful. Discuss two sides and give your own opinion.
27. Some people say that professional workers such as doctors, nurses and teachers make greater contribution. So they should be paid more than those sports and entertainment stars. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
28. Educationalists think that the program of international exchange visits would benefit all students. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
29. Some people think the main benefit of greater international cooperation is in the protection of environment, while others think it is the world business. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
30. Some people think that robots are very important to human’s future development. Others think that they are dangerous and have negative effects on society. Discuss both opinions and give your personal view.
免责声明：文章部分来源于网络，如有雷同可联系删除！ 部分图片来自Awesome Wallpapers!