1. many people believe that the main aim for university education is to help graduates to find better jobs, while some people believe that university education has wider benefits for individuals and society . Discuss both views and give your opinion.
2. it is often said that the subjects taught in schools are too academic in orientation and that it would be more useful for children to learn about practical matters such as home management, work and interpersonal skills. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
3. Some people argue that teaching children of different abilities together benefits all of them. Others believe that intelligent children should be taught separately and given special treatment. Discuss both views and how do you think about it?
4. Higher education can be funded by several ways such as the following:1. All costs paid by the government; 2. All costs paid by the students;3. All costs paid by the government loan which students have to pay back after graduation.Please discuss both the advantages and disadvantages of all these three theories above and decide which the best is.
5. Schools are no longer necessary, because children can get so much information available through Internet, and they can study just as well at home. What extent do you agree or disagree?
6. Some people think teachers have a greater influnce than parents in the development of a child’s intelligence and social skills. Do you agree or disagree?
7. Research indicates that the characteristics we are born with have much more influence on our personality and development than any experiences we may have in our life. Which do you consider to be the major influence?
8. In many countries, more and more young people are leaving school and unable to find jobs after graduation. What problems do you think youth unemployment will cause to the individual and the society? Give reasons and make some suggestions.
9. It is generally acknowledged that families are now not as close as they used to be. What are the possible reasons for this and what can be done to reverse the trend?
10.It is now possible to perform everyday tasks, such as bank transaction, shopping or even office works, without meeting people face to face. What are the effects it may have on individuals and the society as a whole?
11.When a country develops its technology, the traditional skills and ways of life die out. It is pointless to try and keep them alive.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
12.Many people believe that the increasing use of modern technology at work and in leisure is reducing people’s creativity. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
13.Food can be produced cheaper if we use improved fertilizers and better machinery. However some of methods may be dangerous for human health, and have negative effects for local communities. What is your opinion?
14.Some people believe that air travel should be restricted because it causes serious pollution and uses up the world's fuel resources. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
15.Unlimited car use has brought us a lot of problems. What are these problems? And should we discourage people to use cars?
16.15 Some people claim that public museums and art galleries will not be needed because people can see historical objects and works by using computer. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
17.Some people say that giving aid to poor countries has more negative effects than positive effects. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
18. In many countries，the proportion of older people is steadily increasing. Does this trend make positive or negative effects to society?
19.Some people think it is acceptable to use the animals in any way for benfits of human beings, while others think it is not justifiable. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
20.Throughout the history, male leaders often made the society more violent and conflicting. If women governed the world, it would be a more peaceful world. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
21.Do the problems brought by international travel outweigh the advantages?
22.Several languages are dying out every year. Some people do not think it is important and say that our life will be simpler with fewer languages. To what extent do you agree or disagree.
23.In some countries, advertisers increase the amount of advertising which try to persuade children to buy snacks, toys，and other goods. Parents object to such pressure on children. But some advertisers claim that there is useful information in these advertisements. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
24.The government should control the amount of violence in films and on television in order to decrease the level of violent crimes in the society. Do you agree or disagree?
25.Sending criminals to the prison is not the best method of dealing with them. Education and job training are better ways to help them.
26.Some people say that governments should pay for the public health care and education, while others say that it is not the government’s responsibility. Please discuss both views and give your own opinion.
27.Some people believe that individuals can not improve environment, but only governments and big companies can make a difference. To what extend do you agree or disagree?
28.Some people believe that the personal happiness is directly related with the economic success. Others argue that the happiness depends on completely other factors. Discuss both of the views and give your own opinion
免责声明：文章部分来源于网络，如有雷同可联系删除！ 部分图片来自Awesome Wallpapers!